Healthy Vegetarian Spaghetti Pasta:
Handful of Asparagus, cut into 2" pieces
1 Zucchini, sliced
1 Yellow Squash, sliced
1 Pkg of Firm Tofu OR Chicken if you prefer to make with meat :)
1/2 Cup Bean Sprouts
3 Small to Medium Tomatoes
1/2 Cup Tomato Sauce
"Small" Handful of Cilantro1 Serrano chili pepper (for a little kick)
1 Pkg Whole Wheat Spaghetti
3 Cloves Garlic
1 Tbs Olive Oil
A Few "Shakes" of dried basil, oregano, pepper and salt for taste
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to boil and cook spaghetti as instructed on box.
- On the side, Pre-Heat the olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and scallion (make sure and DO NOT BURN THE GARLIC)
- Add the squash, zucchini and asparagus pieces. Cook for 6-10 minutes or until soft.
- Add the tofu (or meat if you choose so), sliced tomatoes and all spices and chili pepper. Cook for another 5-7 minutes (or longer if meat is used).
- Add in the tomato sauce, bean sprouts and cilantro. Heat through.
- Drain spaghetti, top with veggies and tofu (or meat) Serve with some grated Parmesan on top! MMMM MMM ENJOY!!!